First Layouts of 2012!

Hello!

I hope you're having a creative start to 2012! I want to share my first two layouts of this year, both with
Basic Grey collections.

My first layout was created from this
Basic Grey sketch (1.2.12), based on a layout by Shimelle Laine.


This is my version. I added a second picture and tilted them. I dove into my stash and used my "
Phoebe" collection for this layout. I "white-washed" the busy background paper with Gesso thinned with water, so it wouldn't detract too much from the photos (it's hard to tell from the picture). The chipboard hearts and circle (near the title cluster) are from the "Green at Heart" collection. The layout is titled "Miniature Nature" and is about our tiny little yard that I like to embellish with touches of flowers.


My second layout is based on a sketch by
Valerie Salmon, done for a challenge at Scrapbook Centrale. (I just didn't finish it on time!) It's a layout about the "Wild Gardens of Acadia", in Acadia National Park, Maine, which we visited last summer. Everything was so lush and green! This time I used papers from the Basic Grey "Wisteria" collection. The soft purples and subdued colors were perfect for my pictures!


Leave me a link to your first pages of the year! I'd love to visit and leave you some love!

Happy scrapping!

Martine

4 Response to "First Layouts of 2012!"

  1. angie ashuk Says:

    Those are great layouts. I love the colors in the first one. I;m still working on my pages:) Lost my creative juice somewhere over the holidays.

  2. Unknown Says:

    beautiful pages - love the colors in the first one

  3. Mary Jo Says:

    Pretty layouts!
    Great start to the year :)

  4. gracescraps@gmail.com Says:

    What gorgeous LO's - love what you've done with the BG papers! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails